At Wellframe, we reimagine healthcare relationships through a new approach that uses high-tech to deliver the high-touch support people need, when and where they need it. We call it Digital Health Management. Our comprehensive suite of Digital Health Management solutions for care management, advocacy, and navigation help organizations forge more meaningful connections with members, across their healthcare journey. Wellframe was founded to counter a pressing industry problem: the healthcare system has struggled to find ways to support people in between care settings, at scale. We believe health plans are in the best position to advocate for their members as they navigate their health and care, but know that technology alone can’t help us achieve this ambition. That’s why our team of physicians, clinicians, public health experts, data scientists, engineers, and healthcare industry experts ensure our patented technology works in service of the person-to-person connections that make healthcare work best. We are in search of a creative and experienced leader who will be responsible for mentoring and scaling our Platform team. The engineering manager will lean in on architecture and engineering best practices to deliver the best solutions with exemplary quality. The Platform team is responsible for delivering core services that support the Wellframe product roadmap. Along with core services, we also work on interesting engineering solutions and tooling that help takes the Wellframe product to the next level with security, scalability, and performance metrics. Areas of Responsibility:
Supervising the delivery of product roadmap
- Drive the delivery of product and engineering roadmap.
- Own the engineering delivery of platform projects end to end by providing day-to-day technical direction and oversight of projects.
- Collaborate with product managers, TPM, and engineering leadership on the planning and sequencing of work.
- Lead technical design and architecture for the projects.
- Act as a scrum master for one or more of the platform teams.
- Remove any impediments that block engineers from delivering features on time.
- Proactively identify any process or technology improvements that can enhance the productivity of the team.
- Identify areas of strategic technical debt and help balance business priorities against proactively paying off technical debt.
- Use data and metrics to continuously improve engineering processes, tooling, and standards.
Contributing to our product roadmap
- Lead roadmap and prioritization discussions.
- Help design and deliver features and bug fixes.
- Be hands-on technically with building microservices.
- Strive to implement architectural and technical design best practices in code base.
Guiding the career growth of our engineers
- Work closely with engineers to tailor a career growth plan.
- Provider mentorship and feedback to engineers to help them achieve their growth plan.
- Retain and reward high-performing engineers
Leading recruiting efforts
- Helping to hire engineers that embody Wellframe’s core values.
Skills and Experience:
- A B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field of study.
- Strong computer science fundamentals to understand and help the team’s work.
- 2+ years of experience as an engineering manager mentoring and leading engineers.
- At least 5 years of relevant technical expertise working as an individual contributor
- Proficiency in Java, Spring Boot, Postgres, Ruby on Rails.
- Experience in developing microservices in a cloud-native environment.
- Experience in engineering best practices like automated tests, continuous integration, and continuous deployment.
- A strong DevOps culture mindset.
- Desire to automate manual processes.
- Experience in coaching and growing engineering teams.
- Expertise in leading Agile/Scrum ceremonies.
- Proven track record in leading projects from inception to delivery.
- Passionate about leveraging their technical skills to help improve patient care.
Behaviors & Traits
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills with a proven track record of communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Be a good collaborator across various cross-functional teams.
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn and improve continuously.
- Accepts feedback graciously.
- Strives not to commit the same mistake twice.
- Stays up-to-date on industry best practices and new technologies.
- Be an advocate for the engineers and enable them to do their best work.
- Previous experience in a startup environment is a bonus.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and cloud vendor solutions like GCP, AWS, or Azure.
- Experience in the healthcare tech industry is a big plus.
- Previous experience in a remote or a hybrid environment.
Wellframe, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee and any percentages listed are approximate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed